Sunday, August 4, 2013

Thank you for the "gift"

Went to the doctor to collect my health report. She says everything are fine, except to the fact that I had minor Thalassaemia disorder. It's not that shocking at all. Back to last year August, I had been told by my brother that I need to do a blood test.

I might inherited Thalassaemia disorder from my mother. I'm somewhat educating myself what is Thalassaemia. "Thalassemia is a blood disorder passed down through families (inherited) in which the body makes an abnormal form of hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen. The disorder results in excessive destruction of red blood cells, which leads to anemia." Did some research and thalassaemia is a bloody blood disorder that can't really be cured. Oh okay, blood disorderrrrrr.... but wait, what is anemia? So, I did another round of googling and I found "Anemia is a condition in which the body does not have enough healthy red blood cells. Red blood cells provide oxygen to body tissues." Ok, no wonder I felt dizzy at certain times.

The more I read about it, the scarier it gets. I stop reading halfway and told myself, just live your life and forget about it. The symptoms all make sense and I can relate to that. No wonder my body had been acting that strange all these while. Having this disorder can make oneself look pale. Oooh? I guess that's some positive thing about this? I guess that's my fate. Feeling meh at the moment.


I don't know what to say

0 Garfield mouths: